Friday 6 March 2015

The month that time forgot

Oops, I did it again. However it was a busy February.

BMG Batman/Huntress, etc. spanked Ivy and Penguin.
Blood Angels sucked to Tau in a 12-3 desperate fail mission.
Zombicide Prison Break
Blood Angels pushed Astra Militarum into a 9-2 loss.
Zombicide solo Toxic Maul mauling...
WoC battled against DE, eventually sliding to a miserable defeat
Zombicide group Toxic-ish Mall bash
Blood Angels gutted by loss to Orks 11-3, ouch.


So a mixed bag there, but the highlight was a Chainsaw Warrior win!



Rolled medium Endurance. Got Endurance bonus at start.
Strong Marksmanship and Reflexes.
Poor HtH and Wounds.

Blaster, Lock Pick, Chainsaw and Torch. (Poorly equipped, but best Close Combat weapon...)

Busy house during the trip through House Deck I. Seventh from last card came out as Chasm, and with no rope or Climbing, I had to retreat rolling 2&6, so I start House Deck II, but only after suffering Trap - Magnetic Field which switched off the Torch, the Chainsaw and the Laser Lance... and the eighth, top card in Deck II is... Darkness.

Cue two wounds, but out the house I recover 6 wounds. And re supply Radiation Suit, Helmet, Steel Gloves, U.V. Emitter and CATS scope to add to the Implosion Vest found in a second Dump. The first, yielded a Spare Clip for the shockingly bad Blaster. The Radiation Suit provided some moral support, but the real problem was Time.

First, I had to survive until the Magnetic damage worked off, at Night Time. Leaving the house had killed 3 minutes, but staggering around the building without the Chainsaw, saw me relying on the crap Gun and the Steel Gloves. The Emitter kept things rumbling on and a Secret Passage Way promised the possibility of Missing Darkness, so I had to cut it short at my first Room Encounter, then I met the Meat Machine! Horror. And that time was slipping away.

At the bottom of the twelfth, four Rads from my limit and my wounds down to 6, my main enemy was time! Room after room was Zombie! And then in 57:30 I opened a Room door to Darkness!
Reflexes check, 8 from 9
Raise the Laser Lance with 1 shot left
And
Roll a 10 +2 (Marksmanship)

And Darkness is hit by a shot from the Laser Lance !



So, hopefully, I can get the ball rolling again. The second four Scavvies are almost finished with just some skin highlights to go. More in the next couple of days, honest :-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i've stumbled upon the reason why you take so long getting figures painted! :D

    ReplyDelete