Friday 13 February 2015

Where did tomorrow go?

Ouch, I missed a bit there. Not painting, well I missed that too, but keeping up my practice of posting up happenings.
First up the game of Batman Miniature Game. Yup it happened. Penguin, Poison Ivy and a bunch of his goons took to the streets of Gotham.


And found those streets being defended by The Batman, Nightwing, Huntress and some cops. The forces of law came off embarrassingly better, but that was due to woeful deployment of my objectives and then poor deployment of my characters. I was hard put to score any victory points and had to contend with The Batman, to boot.
Jamie and I have played between 5 and 10 games of this so far and my ratio of (sometimes dodgy) wins has been respectable, but apart from meeting The Arrow once (where I came off better using a Goon Horde), I'd never faced Batters.
Now, I know better. The Batman is a beast. Batman creamed some of my goons and his intervention meant that a wounded Huntress could stun Ivy. She was hauled back to Arkham faster than you can say lickety split.

For reasons known only to *work* and *time* my painting took a back seat. I'll have to remedy that.

In the meantime, I've played a couple of games of Zombicide.

Last but not least, I promised myself a few purchases from Warlord Games (Bolt Action) at Christmas time and in the run up to placing the order, I rarely do anything hasty, I turned my attention to my US Army. Half my Yanks had been assembled and undercoated, well over a year ago and it was time to get them reinforced.

So the others got onto the table and I now have the Infantry all built.


Next up, the basing and undercoating and after that it is their vehicles...

2 comments:

  1. That setup you have for Batman is what we need for Confrontation. Good to see the An is getting some love and attention, it's long overdue :)

    ReplyDelete