Sunday 25 January 2015

Skin work

I'm a few posts behind so this will be a bit of a catch up. On the 18th, I prepared a mix of 990uL Yellow Ink and 10uL Flesh Wash. Adding any more Flesh wash results in ... Flesh Wash.

I painted this over all the exposed skin on the Scavvies and left it to dry. David said they looked like they were jaundiced.


Bang on, but too Yellow. So I gave them a watered down treatment with Flesh Wash. Citadel Colour's Flesh Wash doesn't behave like Citadel Washes's Ogryn Flesh or Devlan Mud which doesn't behave like Citadel Shade's Agrax Earthshade. It is a long story. the upshot is that I applied small amounts of the Flesh Wash into recesses and then used a water-wet brush to tease the stain to where I needed it to go. Where the fluid pooled too much I used another brush to absorb any excess.



And this is the result. So where next?

#1 Their first game proper at Hamilton Howlers.

After that; picking out the boils, highlighting the bandages, rust on the weapons and settling the colour on the bases.

However it looks like they've got a couple of friends in the background!








2 comments:

  1. Can't see the other photo James. Otherwise they do look very grungey and scavvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photof*ckIt. No mae culpa. Fixed.

    ReplyDelete